Home > Religious School Teachers – Beth Shalom Congregation (Columbia, MD)
Religious School Teachers
Beth Shalom Congregation (Columbia, MD) has open positions for Tefilah-Hebrew, and Judaics teachers at preschool, elementary, and middle school age levels. We offer Sunday morning (9:00 am -12:00 noon) and online Wednesday afternoon classes (4:30-6:30 pm).
In our religious school, we have a progressive, ever evolving project of engaging and thoughtful Judaic and Hebrew programs for students and their families that provide a strong foundation for our children’s lasting Jewish identities.
We are searching for dynamic, enthusiastic, caring and knowledgeable teachers who can help us meet our educational goals. Our teachers are encouraged and offered support to explore and implement a variety of teaching methods, including, but not limited to, project based learning, social-emotional processes, and experiential learning methods.
Teachers are expected to be:
• Open-minded and creative;
• Passionate about non-traditional Judaism and the potential for synagogue-school education;
• Comfortable using technology and innovative ways of educating children;
• Capable of inspiring curiosity and interest in Judaics and Tefilah-Hebrew among our students and families;
• Collaborative partners and reliable communicators with parents, faculty colleagues, and Education Director
At Beth Shalom we pride ourselves on being a warm congregation that cares for our members as part of an extended family. We encourage involvement and participation and provide our members with a well-rounded and diverse program of activities that touch every area of Jewish Life: Worship, Education and Community.
For more information and to apply please email resume and cover letter to:
Dr. Louis Nagel at email@example.com or call 410-531-5115 X322
University of Maryland graduate class of 1978 (BS – Early Childhood Education) and 2009 (PhD – Educational Administration)