Home > Regional Ambassador (based in Baltimore)
About OneTable: OneTable is a national 501(c)(3) non-profit that empowers people to find, share, and enjoy Shabbat dinners through our gathering platform, changing their Friday nights into something transformational. Our core values inform everything we do: joy, elevation, and welcoming.
We’re constantly growing. So far, we’ve been able to support the Shabbat practice for over 185,000 unique participants in more than 500 U.S. cities. OneTable is on track to surpass 250,000 unique participants by the end of 2023.
The Regional Ambassador is a full-time position, based in Baltimore, Maryland. Supervised by the DMV Field Manager, you will be responsible for growing the OneTable community in Baltimore and Northern Virginia, and supporting the DMV field manager’s work across the geographic region. You will spend your time building relationships, getting to know the regional community, welcoming your own community to OneTable, and exploring your own Shabbat practice, while supporting the organization across departments and hosting Shabbat events. As with all OneTable roles, this position is iterative and will evolve over time with input across teams.
Overall Focus Areas include:
● Acquisition of new hosts and guests
● Deepening user experience and relationships
● Hosting Shabbat events
● Connecting participants to other community members and organizations as appropriate – navigating responsibilities of a community concierge
● Stewarding new partnership and sponsorship opportunities in the area
● Understanding the needs of participants across the region
Specific responsibilities include:
Direct Support for Friday Night Dinner Hosts and Guests (Customer Service/User Experience):
● Support hosts throughout the region with check-in conversations, answering common questions, suggesting useful resources, etc.
● Welcome new community members as they apply to host with OneTable via video call, email, and/or in-person meetings (vetting, welcoming, providing ongoing one-on-one support)
● Acting as a “Shabbat Consultant”, helping users craft their own personal, meaningful, lifelong Shabbat practices
● Working closely with your supervisor to support strategic growth in the region
Administrative / Internal:
● Tracking participants’ engagement and running reports in our Salesforce CRM (you will be trained in Salesforce)
● Dinner management, reviewing and approving dinner descriptions
● Tracking and understanding trends in dinner themes and user conversations
Key Attributes/Skill Set:
● You love to be the host and meet new people. You can build welcoming spaces and create beautiful tablescapes. You are willing to work some evenings (Fridays, of course) and weekend hours. You are the go-to person for all our local events and partnerships, and serve as the educator, trainer, ambassador and cheerleader for all local hosts and partners.
● You prefer to be away from your desk/computer screen and out in the community. You should be out at events, in coffee shops meeting people and introducing them to Shabbat! (Locally and sometimes regionally).
● You love to use data to figure out what is missing and how to make things better and better, good is never really good enough.
● You are a dynamic team player expected to prototype ideas, iterate quickly, and cover for fellow Field team members, ensuring there is never a boring day!
● You are comfortable working independently in Baltimore while simultaneously recognizing that you are part of a national organization with an infrastructure in place to support and guide your work.
● You are strongly connected to the OneTable brand and mission. You understand our goals, voice, and mission and can imbue that into your 1:1 connections, larger events and partnership strategy.
The salary is $48,000 annually plus the following benefits:
● Health insurance — medical, dental, and vision insurance currently through Aetna; OneTable pays 85% of the healthcare premium for each employee and 50% for dependents.
● Pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible or health spending account (FSA or HSA), short and long-term disability, and life insurance.
● Time off:
○ Paid time off (PTO) for personal, sick days, and vacation.
○ The office is closed for all major Jewish holidays, as well as most federal holidays.
○ OneTable offices are also closed during the July 4th week and December 25 -January 1.
○ As an organization rooted in the mission of spreading Shabbat, we know the importance of having time on Fridays to start winding down and
preparing for our favorite weekly holiday. The OneTable offices close at 4:00 pm (local time) every Friday and at 12:00 pm on the first Friday of each
● Optional and discounted identity theft protection, legal assistance program, pet insurance, travel insurance, critical illness, accident, hospital indemnity insurance, and more.
● This position is an exempt salaried position, which is not eligible for overtime.
● Access to a robust Jewish communal network by being a partner of The Associated. Access to The Associated community of practice network and the Na’aleh hub for leadership learning
Location: Based in Baltimore, Maryland. Full-time employees may choose to work from an office space (provided by OneTable & The Associated) or fully remote.
Fill out our online application: www.onetable.org/careers-apply
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
● Review of applications will begin immediately and continue on a rolling basis until the position is filled.
● Submission of Resume and Cover Letter outlining your interest in OneTable and how your qualifications match the job description
● Applicants that move forward to the first round screening will speak with the Regional Field Manager.
● Applicants that move forward will interview with additional Field Team Leadership.
Note: OneTable seeks to increase equity in its hiring and therefore to mitigate the inside edge sometimes given to those who have relationships with “field insiders,” OneTable does not accept informal recommendations from individuals with personal connections to our staff or Board members and cannot factor such referrals into selection of candidates for interviews.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
We deeply value the diversity of insight, perspective, and experience brought by people from backgrounds typically underrepresented in Jewish institutions. This includes Black, Latinx, Indigenous, and Asian people, Black Jews, Jews of Color, Sephardi and Mizrachi Jews, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, and gender non-conforming people, and people with disabilities. We also welcome applications from people of diverse religious, spiritual, and cultural backgrounds. The organization provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, citizenship or immigration status, creed, genetic predisposition or carrier status, national origin, disability condition, marital status, status as a disabled or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other protected characteristic as established by law. In addition, the organization affirmatively seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity as it applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment.