Home > Movement Experience Intern, Summer 2023
Internship Dates: May 1, 2023 – August 1, 2023
Opportunity to continue into the 2023-2024 Academic Year (November 1, 2023 – May 1, 2024)
Hours: Up to 19 hours/week
What Is Movement Experiences?
The Movement Experiences department is comprised of International Convention, BBYO Passport, Camp Leadership Programs, and physical and mental health and is supported by the Customer Service Team. The department works with all aspects of BBYO.
What You’ll do as Movement Experiences Intern
– Support the day-to-day operations of the Customer Service Team
– Respond to inquiries and provide excellent customer service to participants and families via email or over the phone
– Provide administrative support and follow up to participants and families regarding travel logistics, incomplete payments, and incomplete forms
– Operate in BBYO’s various CRM systems to assist in data management and customer service initiatives
– Learn about the inter-mechanisms and support systems of a nonprofit and Jewish youth group
– Assist with general office duties in BBYO’s DC office (unless you are working remotely)
– Availability to work at BBYO’s DC Hub (located in Washington, DC) is preferred; however, we are open to a remote intern.
– A creative and responsible self-starter who is comfortable working collaborative and taking initiative
– Detail-oriented with excellent writing and editing skills
– Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
– Strong data entry skills required
– Experience in CRM systems
– The number of hours worked per week is flexible, but we are looking for somebody available at least 15 hours per week, averaging 19 hours per week, with some availability to work up to 25 hours per week during peak season.
Enrollment in a degree program at an accredited university
– A background in BBYO or a similar youth/Jewish organization is preferred but not required
– All BBYO staff and interns are required to be COVID vaccinated per company policy.
– Unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without holding a visa or sponsorship.