SHABBAM Host Sign-Up
On October 23, host a Shabbat meal for a small group and have big fun! You can host your dinner outside, online, or only invite friends within your bubble. We’re here to make your SHABBAM amazing with inspiration, a pre-SHABBAM Zoom call, and food! Thanks to generous Maryland Hillel donors, you can have a prepared meal from our dining hall or cook/order your own dinner and receive reimbursement of up to $6 per person for current UMD students. All hosts will receive challah, grape juice, and other key ingredients to pull off a Shabbat dinner! Note: To have your meal catered by us, you must register by October 15 at 9 PM. For more questions, email MJ.
What does it mean to be a host?
- You’re awesome!
- You want to rally and organize a small group for a free Shabbat dinner. (You can host a Shabbat dinner with a few roommates or no more than 10 people for an outside meal. If you’re living at home this semester, you can still host a meal with UMD students who live near you or gather online and we’ll try our best to get you some SHABBAM goodies in the mail.)
- You’re ready to get started by signing up now and you’ll keep an eye out for a few additional emails.
- You’ll invite your friends to RSVP when guest registration opens.
- You can commit to joining a required Zoom call for hosts.
- You’ll pick up the bag of goodies, challah, and food on October 23.
- You’ll have fun, encourage health guidelines, and relax during your SHABBAM meal!
The deadline has passed to sign up a new meal. If you'd really like to host a meal, email MJ to see if it's still possible.