SHABBAM Host Sign-Up
On November 12, host a Shabbat meal for a small group and have big fun! We’re here to make your SHABBAM amazing with inspiration, a pre-SHABBAM trainings, and food! Thanks to generous Maryland Hillel donors, you can have a prepared meal from our dining hall or cook/order your own dinner and receive reimbursement of up to $6 per person for current UMD students. All hosts will receive challah, grape juice, and other key ingredients to pull off a Shabbat dinner! Note: Registration is closed to those that would need food catered by Hillel. Registration is open through November 5 for those cooking their own meal. For more questions, email Dawn.
What does it mean to be a host?
- You’re awesome!
- You want to rally and organize a group for a free Shabbat dinner.
- You’re ready to get started by signing up now and you’ll keep an eye out for a few additional emails.
- You’ll invite your friends to RSVP when guest registration opens.
- You can commit to joining a required meeting for hosts.
- You’ll pick up the bag of goodies, challah, and food on November 12
- You’ll have fun, encourage health guidelines, and relax during your SHABBAM meal!