Host a small Shabbat dinner for a small group of friends in your bubble! Thanks to generous Maryland Hillel donors, you can have a free prepared to-go meal from our dining hall. You’ll also get challah, grape juice, and other key ingredients to pull off a Shabbat dinner! Sign up by Sunday at 9 PM to host the upcoming Friday.
The DIY Shabbat program is currently on pause. Email MJ to be added to the interest list for when DIY Shabbat resumes again.
What does it mean to be a host and how does it work?
- You’re awesome!
- You want to rally and organize a small group for a free Shabbat dinner. (You can host up to 8 people in one bubble.)
- You can join a Zoom call with a Maryland Hillel staff member to chat about your Shabbat meal.
- You’ll share a list of names and email addresses of UMD students who attend. You’ll take photos before or during your dinner.
- You’ll pick up the bag of goodies, challah, and food on the Friday of your dinner.
- You’ll have fun, encourage health guidelines, and relax during your DIY Shabbat!
After you complete this interest form, we’ll notify you in approx. 48 hours with approval or questions about your meal. Note: To enable as many people as possible to participate, we ask that you only plan to host/attend one DIY Shabbat prior to spring break.
Sorry. This form is no longer available.